Friday 22 May 2015

Canadian attestation papers


I was delighted to discover that my Canadian great-uncle's First World War papers have now been completely digitised and can be downloaded free of charge from  Library & Archives Canada. The work has been completed to a high standard and as well as my great-uncle's dental chart - blemish free, above - there was a full service history and other fascinating documents.

The website states, "The digitization of the Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF) service files is underway and a substantial number of digitized files have been added to our website as part of the Government of Canada First World War commemoration activities. We will add new files every two weeks, as the CEF digitization initiative is a priority for us. LAC will ensure that Canadians have access to the files throughout the digitization process, scheduled to be completed by the end of 2018."

This is a major free online resource and as I have a number of Canadian men on my Chailey 1914-1918 blog, I shall be paying many visits over the coming months.

I offer a fast, efficient and cost-effective military research service. Have a look at my military research page and drop me a line if you think I might be able to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment