Friday 5 September 2014

Discovering Anzacs

Discovering Anzacs

I have just been looking at the Beta version of Discovering Anzacs, a very nicely designed little site which commemorates the lives of Australians and New Zealanders who took part in the Boer War and First World War.

I searched for the Heasman brothers, all of whom get mentions on my Chailey 1914-1918 blog and I was very impressed to see that when you select a name, a surviving service record also appears. This is great technology and of course the service records in Australia are free to view (unlike those in most other countries).

So hats off to the National Archives of Australia and Archives New Zealand for producing such a user-friendly and attractive site; a fitting memorial to all those who served. I shall be back.

Image of Captain John Gurner Burnell borrowed from the Discovering Anzacs website.

No comments:

Post a Comment